Our Community Hospitals Need Your Help!
ICC is Hosting a Blood Drive
Thursday, June 17 | 2:00PM to 8:00PM
400 Elwood Rd., E. Northport
You can save up to three lives! SIGN UP TODAY!
Eligibility criteria include: minimum weight of 110 lbs., age between 16-75 (16-year-olds must have written parental permission), I.D. with signature or photo, no tattoos in past 12 months. Please eat well (low-fat foods) and drink fluids before donating.
For further questions concerning medical eligibility, call Long Island Blood Services at 800-688-0900.
Donate blood…people can’t live without it.
- Only 2% of our local eligible population donates blood each year
- There is no substitute for human blood
- You cannot get an infectious disease by donating
- 2 seconds: How often someone needs blood
- 42 days: Shelf life of donated red blood cells
- 5 days: Shelf life of donated platelets
- 56 days: How often you can donate
- 17% Number of non-donors who cite “never thought about it” as the main reason for not giving
- 4 easy steps: Registration, medical history, donation and snacks
- 10 minutes: How long the actual donation will take
- 10 pints: Amount of blood in the average adult body
- 1 pint: Amount of your donation
The Lives Saved
- 1 in 3 people will need a blood product in their lifetime
- Surgical, trauma and cancer patients and those with blood disorders need blood
- If only 1% more of Americans donated, blood shortages would disappear