- Principal: Time to Hold NY Education Leaders Accountable for Common Core Mess
- The Regents Aren’t Listening to Parents About the Common Core
- Over 500 NYS School Principals have signed this letter outlining their concerns with Common Core
- Opposition for Common Core grows on Long Island and around the Nation
- A Call for Educators to Boycott Common Core
Conservative Perspective on Common Core:
- Article from Focus on the Family: http://media.focusonthefamily.
com/fotf/pdf/channels/social- issues/education-without- representation-citizen-oct13.
- Lecture by Family Research Council: http://www.frc.org/eventregistration/common-core-the-dangers-of-federal-power-in-education
- Articles, recent happenings and general information on Common Core: http://truthinamericaneducation.com/
Concerns Regarding Curriculum:
- Verified examples of Common Core curriculum: http://www.
- Example of Common Core Curriculum in Utah: http://youtu.be/FSHoxWaVeto
- A NY principal’s take on Common Core: http://www.washingtonpost.com/
blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2013/03/ 04/principal-i-was-naive- about-common-core/
- An Article from the NAS (National Association of Scholars) on the flaws of Common Core: http://www.nas.org/articles/reject_or_revise_the_common_cores_serious_flaws
Agenda of Common Core:
- Political Agenda of Common Core: http://www.foxnews.com/us/
2013/11/10/common-core- lessons-blasted-for-sneaking- politics-into-elementary- classrooms/
- How the Common Core will change what our students are taught and the people involved in writing this curriculum: http://thenewamerican.com/
culture/education/item/16610- educators-expose-dangers-of- common-core-national-education
Local Happenings Regarding Common Core:
- Local legislator who is opposed to Common Core: http://www.longisland.com/
news/06-25-13/assemblyman-al- graf-introduces-legislation- to-fix-ny-schools.html
- News 12 coverage of Common Core forum at Ward Melville High School: http://longisland.
news12.com/news/long-island- residents-criticize-common- core-curriculum-at-community- forum-1.6421138
- What’s Happening in Albany: http://www.albanyupdate.com/
blog1/67-proclaiming-justice- mercy/398-common-core- controversy-awakens- legislative-slumber
- Don’t underestimate the power of two concerned moms: http://www.nationalreview.com/
- Educate yourself on the issues associated with Common Core!
- This short five-part video series lays out the agenda and affects of this initiative: http://stopcommoncore.com/youtube-channel-dvd/
- Visit the Common Core website to see for yourself what is (and isn’t) being stated by the creators of Common Core: http://www.corestandards.org/
- Also, you may want to review the laws that govern your child’s education: http://www.nyhen.org/laws.htm
- Sign the petition at Stop Common Core in NY: http://www.stopcommoncoreny.com/ and at Fix NY Schools: http://www.fixnyschools.com/
- Contact your NY legislators on the Committee of Education and tell them what you think about Common Core: http://assembly.state.ny.us/comm/?sec=mem&id=12
- Contact your school administrators/Board of Ed members. Below is a list of the districts that surround each of our campuses:
- Inform friends and family about the dangers of Common Core.
A couple of things to remember when you voice your concerns over Common Core:
- Be respectful – people are much more likely to listen when they feel they are being heard as well. Before outlining your concerns, ask them where they stand. Work from common ground regarding concerns and then voice your additional concerns.
- Direct them to legitimate sources, like the ones contained on this page, to help expose the hidden dangers of Common Core. You can use this webpage as a resource, and be sure to communicate your specific concerns about Common Core. The problems with Common Core go far beyond high-stakes testing!
- Inquire with your school administration regarding the use of In Bloom or other data collection. You have the right to know what data is being collected on your child, where that data is being stored and who can access that data!