“Praise Him with the tambourine and dancing” Psalm 150:4
Training up young girls in the ways of the Lord, teaching them to express complete worship to Him and empowering them to make godly choices by helping them to navigate their teen years as women of virtue, pure and set apart for the Lord’s purposes.
As Romans 12:1-2 (the Message) plainly puts it: So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Tambourines, flags and streamers are instruments of praise and worship. Scripture verses are interpreted through the patterns of movement with these worship tools. The colors of the ribbon combinations have Biblical symbolism. Each girl chooses the ribbon combinations that reflect her personal walk with Christ, her testimony. The DOZ team ministers with the worship team on special occasions, serves at Mini-DOZ Summer Camp in July and occasionally travels to equip other churches to share our passion for bringing the creative arts back to the church in a pure and God-honoring way. We also take team retreats that help solidify our friendships, adding depth to our relationship with God and one another.
As part of the DOZ team, you are required to:
- Attend church services/Sunday School regularly at Island Christian Church.
- Attend regular weekly practices as well as participate in special worship performances as they come up, attending the pre-performance practices as they are scheduled. Additional practice at home is a MUST!
- Be willing to raise the standard of true Christian living and be dedicated to weekly scripture memorization.
- Commit to work as a team (younger and older girls together) to develop leadership skills. Serve in the Mini-DOZ Camp each summer.
- Understand the need, as a young Christian woman, to spend quality time with God and be an example of a pure and virtuous woman at home and in your immediate community.
DOZ is for girls 6th grade and up. Both child and mother (or female guardian) must attend a mandatory introductory meeting. Because of the level of commitment this ministry requires, this meeting will help you be better informed when making the decision to join the team. You must also pass an aptitude assessment after a time of training. This new orientation period occurs only once a year and will be promoted in advance.
For any question, contact DOZ Director, Nancy DeMarco- 631.822.3000 or email@example.com.