EXPECTATIONS FOR THOSE SERVING AT ICC:
- Membership is encouraged for all and is required for ministries of teaching and leadership. We believe that service to the Lord at ICC begins with coming under the spiritual authority of the church through membership.
- Volunteers for children/youth ministries must fill out an 18+ Volunteer Application and Background Check for the protection of those in our congregation (17 and under must fill out the Teen Volunteer Application. They do not need a background check). Results of this check are kept between the ministry leader and the pastoral staff. To be considered for ministry to children/youth, you must be a regular attendee of ICC for at least 6 months.
- Volunteers for any other ministry are asked to willingly sign the ICC Volunteer Agreement which states the expectations of the church in serving with excellence and in seeking to live in a way that glorifies Jesus Christ, in every area of life.
- Know your Spiritual Gift: Spiritual Gifts are grace endowments from God in the form of skills, talents, and abilities. While it’s not a mandatory requirement, knowing your Spiritual Gifts can open up all kinds of opportunities to serve the Lord. If you are interested in finding out more about your own Spiritual Gifts, we’d love to help! Just indicate so by emailing us.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Connect with ministry leaders about getting involved!
- If you are volunteering for the first time, fill out the 18+ Volunteer Application or Teen Application (Adults must renew their application every 3 years, teens must renew their application every 2 years.)
- If you are 18+, once you have completed the application a background check will be emailed to you. Please complete it as soon as possible!
- If you have volunteered before, your ministry leader will let you know if you need to renew your application. If you do, fill out the Renewal Application and when it is complete we will email a background check for you to complete.
- If you are unsure what forms you need to fill out, please contact your ministry leader or the background check coordinator.
WHY DO I NEED A BACKGROUND CHECK?
As a church, it is our responsibility to make sure our children are protected! All staff and volunteers are required to have a current background check on file. It is our legal obligation to be sure we know who is representing our organization and caring for our kids. We use a completely safe and secure screening company called VerifiedFirst. We do not screen for motor vehicle reports or credit history.
Any questions contact the Background Check Coordinator: email@example.com