Women are vital to the ministries of the church. The early church was radical in that it encouraged women to learn about theology and Jesus and deemed them as equal image-bearers of God, with distinct roles. At Island Christian Church, we want women to embrace their role in the church, grow in their knowledge of the Bible and their love for Jesus, and connect and support each other. We have opportunities uniquely focused on women and their needs so that you can find a place to plug in and grow in your faith!
“A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
Let’s keep in touch. Let’s keep growing. Let’s support each other.
Ways to stay in touch-
- come worship with us on Sundays- 8:30 + 10:00 + 11:30 AM
- can’t come in person, join the online Sunday services (access it here)
- if you are in a small group (a life group or a table at Bible class)
- send encouraging verses and thoughts
- call someone who lives alone
- read the Bible and catch up on other good books
- share a sanitized good book with another (drop and dash)
- for women suddenly homeschooling, share sanitized games and books (drop and dash)
- encourage one another
- check the church website for other resources
- pray for each other and all in leadership
- join a small group (details below)
Women’s Bible classes are available throughout the year on Tuesday AM and Wednesday PM. More details on the current study HERE.
Our women’s retreat is a time of fellowship, growth, challenge, and fun. Each year, the retreat is held yearly at beautiful Sandy Cove on the coast of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.
For more INFO
Join a woman’s small group for prayer, discussion, and encouragement. Meets every other Thursday, at different locations. Click here to see our current offerings. Email our small group coordinator, email@example.com.
An unplanned pregnancy can be scary. Maybe you feel lost, confused, and alone. We want to help you be brave; to find the courage you need whether you choose to parent your baby or choose adoption placement.
When you join our small group, you will find a place of belonging where YOU ARE LOVED AND ACCEPTED. You will be encouraged by women who have walked in your shoes, you will make new friends, and you will receive a baby shower in your honor.
Embrace Grace, Inc. is a national organization, with a global impact changing lives and generations, based in the state of Texas. Their MISSION is to inspire and equip the church to love on single and pregnant girls and their families. Their VISION is for every girl with an unplanned pregnancy to have a church to go to for spiritual, emotional, and physical support.
Kingdom Hearts Conference. A yearly, one-day conference event for women of Long Island. This event is not sponsored by ICC.