Parents, please click on and read!
FUEL | Friday Nights 7:30-10:00
Our Christian Youth Mission Statement: At Island Christian Church, our Christian Youth Program’s mission is to present the message of Christ to teens and nurture the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives, thereby equipping our Christian youth to have a powerful impact for Christ in our community and around the world.
Our Christian Youth Vision: The vision of our Christian Youth Program here at Island Christian Church, Long Island, is to provide a safe environment for the development of Christ-centered relationships with and between teens.
Check out our Parent Resource page
Our Objectives: To place teens in the path of God weekly by:
- Challenging them with the Word of God and how it relates to their everyday life.
- Leading them in worship, with God as the “audience of One”.
- Encouraging them in a daily devotional walk with God: reading His Word and prayer.
- Giving them the experiences that take them out of their egocentric thinking and push them into reaching out to others with the love of God through small groups and group initiatives.
- Helping them appreciate, respect and embrace their families.
- Connecting them with Christ-minded friends that will push them on the peer level to grow in Christ.
- Paralleling the ministry work of the church to incorporate teens in the life of the church as much as possible.
- Having fun!
- We hold youth group each Friday evening at 7:30PM, where we provide live worship, along with challenging our teens with messages from Scripture. We also encourage connections, friendships, and accountability to develop among the group. In addition to many events that we offer throughout the year, check out our Fusion service- where high school and middle school youth ministries come together for one awesome night!
Beyond the weekly encounters, we also want to:
- Help parents to better understand youth culture, equipping them with Godly skills to parent their teen(s).
- Show teens how to reach out to friends with the love of God through life-style evangelism.
- Develop life skills in teens through services and missions projects stretching their God-given talents.
- Equip and empower the teens to do the work of ministry in youth group. Ephesians 4:12
Please be familiar with our modesty expectations: EDGE & FUEL Dress Code
EVENTS- Click here to see the calendar. Filter the events by ‘YOUTH’ to see youth-only events.