Our next Membership Class is June 24 at 7PM
Do you consider this your home church? Do you want to find out what it means to be a member of ICC?
Join us for an evening of interactive discussion about joining our church.
- Social Distancing will be practiced.
- Please wear a mask.
Childcare is NOT provided.
Many times in the New Testament, the church is referred to as a body with each part being a member (Rom. 12:4, Eph. 3:6 and 4:25, Col. 3:15). Church membership is affirming your commitment to a local church as part of the body of Christ. As Christians, we are called to live in community, and becoming a member is a great first step!
Below are seven reasons for church membership:
Why Become a Member?
- It provides the protection of a spiritual covering.
- Members are recipients of pastoral care.
- It demonstrates submission to spiritual authority.
- Members are eligible for leadership in church ministries
- Members may receive the benefits of church discipline.
- Members have a voice in church government.
- Membership demonstrates that one believes that life cannot be lived independently of other Christians.
How Do I Become a Member?
Periodically, the church will offer a membership class. Attending the class does not obligate one to choose membership, but it is a time to learn about church doctrine, history, and vision. Because pastors and church staff attend these classes, relationships are fostered as we get to know one another. After attending the class and being baptized (if necessary), members are welcomed into fellowship at the church service and campus they attend.
We also suggest each prospective member take our Elements of Christian Living (ECL) course, benefiting anyone who wants to take the next step in growing their faith.
Interested? Email us or call (631) 822-3000 so that we can answer your questions.