We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. 1 Thessalonians 5:13
October is Pastor Appreciation Month and God has blessed Island Christian Church with a winning team of pastors! We appreciate them, but few really know how thankless their jobs can be. Their call to serve God and His people is never motivated by the praises of men, but how nice it feels when they receive the gratitude of their flock!
So, let’s thank and bless our pastors this month…
Here 10 practical ways to show your love and appreciation to your Pastors.
- Ask him how you can pray for him- and then be sure to pray for him, regularly.
- Express your appreciation to him in a heartfelt note thanks.
- Ask how you can help. Volunteer to serve at the church and help lighten the load.
- Get creative. Know his favorite team, interests or hobby? Come up with a way to incorporate it into a meaningful gift.
- Give him a gift certificate to Starbucks or his favorite lunch spot.
- Give him a gift certificate for a car wash or detailing (a great ‘group’ gift).
- Leave him a small token of appreciation.
- Surprise him with a treat- his favorite snack, candy or coffee.
- Send him an encouraging email if one of his recent sermons helped you go deeper with God.
- Give to the work of the church. Tithe regularly, if you do not already do so.
There are probably a million ways you can show your thanks. The point of this short list is to give you some suggestions and to help inspire you to remember the pastors who serve you, teach you, pray for you, and lead you… faithfully.
Truly- we thank God for each of them!
Rev. Mike O’Connor – Senior Pastor
Rev. Pete Jansson – Port Jefferson Pastor
Rev. Bob Snider – Holbrook Pastor
Rev. Any Laub – Executive Pastor
Rev. Joe Garofalo – Outreach Pastor
Rev. Lee Hamblen – Children’s Pastor
Rev. Seth Kirschner – Youth Pastor
Rev. Steve Bayne – Support Ministry Pastor
Rev. Josh Ryan – Worship Pastor