Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
No matter what your background is or what your specific skills are, there is a place for you to serve the Lord at ICC. There are many service opportunities for people of every age and walk of life. There is ministry to the body of Christ, to the community and around the world.
Here are some of the ways you can serve at ICC:
- Greet or Usher on a Sunday morning
- Sunday School: help with teaching or check in
- Wednesday night Kid’s Clubs
- Facilities: parking team, “handy help” at the church
- Youth Ministry: group leaders, chaperone an event
- Care and Support Ministries: visiting shut-ins, helping meet practical needs
- Special Events Teams
- Worship and the Arts: musicians and tech team
- Ministry to those with disabilities
- Ministry to the deaf/hearing impaired
- Discipleship: we will train you!
Criteria for serving at ICC:
- Membership is encouraged for all, and is required for ministries of teaching and leadership. We believe that service to the Lord at ICC begins with coming under the spiritual authority of the church through membership.
- Know your Spiritual Gift: Spiritual Gifts are grace endowments from God in the form of skills, talents and abilities. While it’s not a mandatory requirement, knowing your Spiritual Gifts can open up all kinds of opportunities to serve the Lord. If you are interested in finding out more about your own Spiritual Gifts, we’d love to help! Just indicate so by emailing us.
- Volunteer Agreement Form: all volunteers must willingly sign the ICC Volunteer Agreement which states the expectations of the church in serving with excellence and in seeking to live in a way that glorifies Jesus Christ, in every area of their lives.
- Volunteer Application Form (below): All staff and other volunteers must fill out this form for the protection of the people in our congregation. This includes a background check. Results of this check are kept between the ministry leader and the pastoral staff. You may print the appropriate application below.