Thanksgiving is MORE than just a holiday- it is an attitude of the heart! It is also the will of our Lord that we be thankful (1 Thessalonians 5:17). God will use our circumstances, good or bad to draw us closer to Him- and for that, we are indeed thankful. Yes, an attitude of gratitude serves us well. It is what keeps us so very appreciative of all that God has done and will do for us.
We acknowledge crosswalk.com for the following compilation of quotes of thankfulness from some noteworthy Christians.
1. “It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” –Charles Spurgeon
2. “God says to give thanks in everything. That doesn’t mean you need to give thanks FOR everything. You don’t need to give thanks FOR that bad day. Or FOR that bad relationship. Or being passed over at work. Financial hardship. Whatever it is – you are not to give thanks FOR the difficulties, but rather IN the difficulties. That is a very important distinction, and one I think we often miss. Giving thanks IN everything shows a heart of faith that God is bigger than the difficulties and that He can use them, if you approach Him with the right heart and spirit, for your good and His glory.” –Tony Evans
3. “We need to discover all over again that worship is natural to the Christian, as it was to the godly Israelites who wrote the psalms, and that the habit of celebrating the greatness and graciousness of God yields an endless flow of thankfulness, joy, and zeal.” –J.I. Packer
4. “It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich!” –Dietrich Bonhoeffer
5. “In happy moments, PRAISE GOD. In difficult moments, SEEK GOD. In quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD. In painful moments, TRUST GOD. Every moment, THANK GOD.” –Rick Warren
Join us at one of our campuses for our Thanksgiving Eve Service, Wednesday, November 21, as well give thanks for all God has done and will continue to do!